In case your bicycle was stolen after being properly locked with the ABUS lock we will compensate you a bicycle of the same price range, available in "Hello, Bicycle!”. Maximum value of the bike (coverage) can be up to 2500sgd.
Police report must be presented in every case!
NO CO-PAYMENT NEEDED. In this option, you must provide 2 keys from the ABUS lock used on the bike that was stolen. Sufficient evidence must also be provided to show that bicycle was properly locked with the ABUS lock before it was hacked (which is practically almost impossible). Accepted evidence that locked bike was hacked: A) video surveillance record, B) other reasonable evidences like picture of the bike locked dated same day as the theft case (according to the police report), hacked lock and others. The final decision on the acceptance of your evidences will be taken by the company’s (Golden Creek Pte. Ltd.) management.
2. 20% CO-PAYMENT NEEDED. If only 2 keys from the stolen or hacked lock and the hacked lock itself plus police report provided.
3. 50% CO-PAYMENT NEEDED. If only a police report is produced and no keys and no hacked lock left because they were lost or stolen.
Combination lock used - 20% co-payment applies in any case. Hacked lock plus video-recording must be presented. If no photo-video evidence or hacked lock - 50% co-payment needed.
In case only some bicycle parts were stolen and customer provide police report and evidence (photo or video taken the same day as theft case) that those part were locked with the ABUS lock with security level 3 and above (photo or video) 50% discount can be given for the new similar parts and new ABUS lock. In case no evidence, only police report - 30% off the retail price for any new parts to replace stolen parts.
Other conditions and exceptions.
1. No police report - no compensation given. No exceptions.
2. Pre-registration of bicycle and expensive parts (f.e. Brooks saddle etc), going to be used with new ABUS lock, needed in order to confirm future possible compensation. In case customer is changing the bicycle he/she has to register it at “Hello, Bicycle!” within 3 working days after the date of purchase, just sending email to firstname.lastname@example.org with model name and picture of new bike taken by the customer. Otherwise new bicycle won’t be covered with this warranty. After we receive this email the coverage of the old bicycle is canceled. Cost of the bike covered, must be confirmed via online published price or copy of receipt provided by the customer. No more that two bicycle registration change is allowed. So total max up to 3 different bikes can be registered (not simultaneously, but in consequence).
3. Stolen different bicycle (not the same as was pre-registered when ABUS lock was purchased) - no compensation given.
4. Any attempt of scam or fraud - no compensation given and warranty will be canceled.
5. Bicycle must be locked properly - a) at least one part of the frame of bicycle must be locked. b) Bicycle must be locked to the frame or construction at least the same strength as the bicycle's frame. c) Bicycle must be locked to the stationary (not movable) construction.
6. Not locked with the lock bicycle parts (wheels, saddles) cant be covered and reimbursed, but it can be given 30% off for the new parts.
7. No more than one bicycle can be covered with one ABUS lock.
8. Coverage duration - 24 months from the date of lock purchase. If you purchase the lock later, not together with the bike, you must present the bike at the moment of purchasing the lock with this warranty.
9. This warranty covers theft cases in Singapore only.
10. This terms and conditions are subject to change without any pre-notification.